Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Medical School, week 7

So the test is over and I'm halfway through another week. Today was long...8am-8pm. I am taking a medical spanish course that is an extra two hours on Wednesdays, which was already our longest day of the week. It'll be worth it though, at the end of the 8 week course, I'll take a test and try to get certified as a medical interpreter! I can't think of a more useful way to utilize all the Spanish I have taken over the years.

School has been busy but I've had some time for myself as well. I've seen some crazy things in the Emergency Department and learned how to do a Heart and an Abdominal Exam. I've made a lot of good friends and I am so happy to be surrounded by such talented, caring, friendly and fun people. I've made some good friends outside of medical school as well, and I'm truly grateful to retain a connection to the outside world. My parents have been as supportive as ever and my sister down in Salem has been a wonderful person to talk to when things aren't going my way. I am lucky in so many ways.

I'm also playing basketball again and I've missed it so much. I barely played this summer but we have an Intramural team assembled and we start playing in about week. It's great stress relief. That's it for now, more clinical stuff another day when I'm not so drained.

take care,

carson

1 comment:

  1. Carson,

    Here's another resource for your medical Spanish endeavors:

    http://www.medicalspanish.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
html hit counter
free website hit counter code