Thursday, October 22, 2009

Things are lookin up

I've been improving my test scores one test to the next and I think my head is finally back on straight. It's a great feeling. I finally feel like I'm having fun again. We are dissecting the head and neck in lab now and seeing the face of our cadaver was the most powerful moment of anatomy so far. It was also the first time I felt like I might throw up, it made everything so much more personal and real.

Patient story:

A man came into the emergency room with swelling in his knee and ankle. He was running a 102 mile race around Mount Hood when he planted awkwardly on his knee on mile 24. So he did what any reasonable man would do...he ran ANOTHER 75 miles on it before collapsing on mile 99. He ran all through the night, hoping he wouldn't let his team down. By the time he got to us, both his knee and his ankle were wrecked. He had been favoring his knee and in turn put too much pressure on some of his ankle ligaments. We casted him and sent him on his way, he had to be back on a flight to the UK. Moral: People are crazy/incredible :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
html hit counter
free website hit counter code