Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Life goes on

So the test went about as well as I could have hoped. I love my school. The faculty are amazing and my classmates are so supportive. The second years really take care of us. We walked into school today to find a long table filled with snacks, sweets, and fruit, cookies, cakes, brownies and everything else that they set up for us to help us through our first exam day. We will definitely have to pay the kindness forward to next year's class!

The test was straightforward. If you had put in the time to go over the material, then you should have had no problem with it. I can't say with confidence that the past several weeks have been conducive to me studying, so I'm not expecting honors but I'm confident for the rest of this course.

I've been fighting and fighting but I'm losing out. I can't do anything right when it comes to us anymore. It's affecting me mentally and I can feel my personality being thrown on the backburner as this distant, moody, vacant me emerges for the rest of the world to see. I'm glad I have 4 years with my classmates to bust out of this shell.

Block 2 started today. We are working on the thorax and abdomen. We dissected our cadaver's thoracic cavity and I held her lungs in my hand. The human body is truly amazing. I find myself tired and complacent at the moment so I will end here. Sorry for the piss poor writing, I'm better than this, I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
html hit counter
free website hit counter code